Savings in many areas
In nearly all areas of production, especially in indirect areas, Fraunhofer IPA sees major potentials to cut costs and save on resources. A few examples are listed below:
- Inventory costs cut by 30 to 40 percent due to the availability of realtime information, enabling security stocks to be minimized
- Optimized manufacturing costs through process control loops based on realtime information. This improves overall machine effectiveness.
- Staffing costs cut by 10 to 20 percent through optimized, flexible implementation of human resources
- Lower logistics costs through higher levels of automation.
- Lower quality costs due to availability of realtime quality data and ability to set up realtime control loops.