Fraunhofer has developed a seven-step process for implementing Industrie 4.0 in practice. The process shows companies how best to approach the topic, as well as integrate cost-effectively the concepts and technologies into their own value chains and manufacturing systems.
- Specification, assessment and prioritization of company-specific use cases
- Development of a communication and cooperation model with relevant target groups
- Selection and realization of pilot projects with the aid of the “Industrie-4.0 tool kit”
- Roadmap for the company-wide roll-out of validated use cases
- Structured procedure for cost-effective, customer-specific implementation
- Impulse for developing further company-specific use cases
- Low implementation risk thanks to project experience, pilot projects and evaluation