Information from 3rd May 2021
The following additions:
- Rapid test: Visitors are only allowed to enter the institute premises with a current (not older than 8 hours) negative rapid test result. Visitors can show either a certificate from a test center or a photo of the result of a self-test with the time. Alternatively: visitors can perform a self-test on site at Fraunhofer IPA at the start of the visit in a designated test room.
- Mask covering the mouth and nose: A medical mask or FFP2 mask must be worn (obligatory) on the entire institute premises, including outside areas.
- Face-to-face meetings: These are only possible if they are necessary for business purposes or if they cannot be held virtually.
- Number of participants in face-to-face meetings: Maximum 2, in exceptional cases more than 2 persons. However, a hygiene concept must be drawn up in advance with the occupational safety department.
- Business trips: International business trips are only permitted in exceptional cases.
Information from 14th May 2020
Dear Business Partners, Friends and Colleagues,
The decision made by the German government on 6 May to lift the strict ban on contact and to gradually relax the rules and regulations came at the right time. This is because companies are also increasingly starting to implement innovative safety measures so that they can restart their own operations and production within the scope of the given possibilities.
We at Fraunhofer IPA have also developed a step-by-step plan for returning to everyday work (restart concept), which is now being successively implemented. We are also taking advantage of the digital world more than ever before to work with you in this way.
In the following, we would like to inform you about the latest key details of our restart concept:
- Employees: Our employees continue to work from home wherever possible and appropriate. In all areas of the institute (including the multistory car park), we wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose - unless we are working alone in our own office. When it became mandatory to wear such a mask, we procured a sufficient number of them for our employees, specifying how and when they are to be used. These regulations apply to all our branches in Germany: Stuttgart, Bayreuth, Mannheim and Reutlingen.
- Visitors: Visitors to the institute must also wear a face mask. We thank you for your understanding. If required, you will be given a disposable mask free of charge at the respective entrance areas (gates). Keeping a minimum distance of 1.5 meters, as well as coughing and sneezing into your elbow and washing your hands thoroughly at regular intervals continue, of course, to remain important protective measures.
- Meetings and events requiring attendance at Fraunhofer IPA: We are keeping the number of on-site meetings and events requiring your attendance to an absolute minimum. However, should they become necessary, the following applies: The maximum number of participants is limited to 5 people per room. Here too, you must keep at least 1.5 meters away from other people and wear a face mask.
- Business trips and meetings requiring attendance at our customers’: National and international business trips are now theoretically permitted if required. Therefore, meetings on your company premises are possible again. Ideally, you should also have similar rules in place in your company to the ones we have in our restart concept. We would be pleased to assist you in developing and introducing appropriate measures.
- Virtual CoLAB: Resilient added value in times of corona – this is the objective of our Virtual CoLAB, which was recently founded at IPA. The aim is to provide you with support in economic and technical matters as you restructure your company and ramp up your production. Make the most of this cooperative platform to clarify urgent issues and exchange new ideas. Make a note of further dates for seminars and fairs.
We are ready to get started and are looking forward to helping you tackle challenging new or ongoing projects.
We would like to thank you for your help in implementing the above-mentioned measures to protect both your and our employees, and we will continue to rely on a partnership based on trust.
Stay healthy! Wishing you, your families and employees all the best!
Institute Directors and Commercial Director of Fraunhofer IPA